|Add some veggies and garlic bread and you've got a nice supper.|
- Loma Linda Choplets, Loma Linda Vegetable Steaks, Loma Linda Beefless Chunks, or Worthington Vegetable Steaks,
- Chopped onions
- Pene pasta, rotini or egg noodles
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/8 cup evaporated milk
- 1 Tbsp flour
- Butter, margarine, olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Small can of sliced olives
|Get a great big bowl for mixing the pasta. It's very messy as you can see!|
- Cook the pasta according to directions. Should be slightly al dente'. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, drain the juice from the Vegetarian meat can into a bowl and set aside.
- Brown Beefless Chunks in butter, margarine or olive oil. If you use Choplets or Vegetable Steaks, cut them into strips before browning.
- Put browned vegetarian meat into large mixing bowl. Use the skillet to saute the onions and mushrooms. When ready, add to browned vege-meat in the big bowl.
- In skillet add tablespoon or so of flour and stir into olive oil. Heat till it starts to thicken. Add the liquid from the vege-meat can and allow it to thicken slightly. Add evaporated milk, sour cream and allow to thicken again. Add water to the sauce till it thickens again. Add water a little at a time till you have a nice saucy consistency.
- Pour the pasta into the big bowl with the vegetables and the vege-meat. Mix and then add the sauce. Stir in olives and you're done.
How cool is that?