|I like cranberry sauce with vege-fried chicken even if it's not Thanksgiving.|
This is more of Sabbath Dinner special than it is a potluck unless you have a lot of big cans of Fri-Chick or Chicken Patties. This is a really simple to do recipe, especially if you aren't adept at frying chicken already. Here's how it works.
- Loma Linda Fried Chik'n, Worthington Fri-Chik, Morningstar Farms Vegetarian Chicken Patties, or Loma Linda Chicken Patties
- Ranch salad dressing seasoning mix (powdered)
- Olive Oil or vegetable oil
- Scramble eggs in a bowl with a wire whisk
- Add flour and Ranch salad dressing seasoning to a second bowl and whisk together lightly. Don't use the entire seasoning envelope. A tablespoon or two should work nicely.
- Remove vegetarian chicken from can or package and pat the pieces dry with paper towels.
- Set up your frying pan and heat oil till it's ready to add the chicken.
- Dip the dried vege-chicken in the egg wash, then in the flour and seasoning mix, then place in the hot oil. Cook till brown, turning once.
That's it. After you've fried up a bunch of these, serve with the rest of your meal. I love vegetarian chicken with mashed or baked potato, some peas, pea salad, or some other vegetable. A green salad goes well with Ranch Vege-Chicken. I love vegetarian baked beans with it too.
© 2015 by Tom King