|Sorry I didn't get a picture. I was |
so hungry I ate it all before
I remembered to take a picture
Vegetarian Poor-Boy Stew
I like this stew because it includes a nice tomato flavor thanks to the tomato paste. I might even add a can of diced tomatoes as well.
- 1 lb. Morningstar Recipe Crumbles, browned and drained
- 1.5 lbs potatoes, diced large
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I substitute a teaspoon of garlic powder)
- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. Pepper (if you like pepper – I don’t, I add green or red bell pepers)
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Add the cooked Recipe Crumbles, potatoes, carrots, onions, and garlic to a 5-quart or larger slow cooker.
- In a small bowl whisk together the tomato paste, water, salt, pepper or peppers, onion powder and oregano. Pour this mixture over everything in the slow cooker. Stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve with homemade wheat rolls or bread.