Search Me

Friday, May 20, 2016

Vegetarian Poor Boy Stew

Sorry I didn't get a picture. I was
so hungry I ate it all before
I remembered to take a picture



Vegetarian Poor-Boy Stew

I like this stew because it includes a nice tomato flavor thanks to the tomato paste. I might even add a can of diced tomatoes as well.

Ingredients :

  1. 1 lb. Morningstar Recipe Crumbles, browned and drained
  2. 1.5 lbs potatoes, diced large
  3. 3 carrots, sliced
  4. 1 onion, diced
  5. 1 garlic clove, minced (I substitute a teaspoon of garlic powder)
  6. 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
  7. 2 cups water
  8. 1 tsp. salt
  9. ¼ tsp. Pepper (if you like pepper – I don’t, I add green or red bell pepers)
  10. 1 tsp. onion powder
  11. 1 tsp. dried oregano
 
Directions:

  1. Add the cooked Recipe Crumbles, potatoes, carrots, onions, and garlic to a 5-quart or larger slow cooker.
  2. In a small bowl whisk together the tomato paste, water, salt, pepper or peppers, onion powder and oregano. Pour this mixture over everything in the slow cooker. Stir.
  3. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
  4. Serve with homemade wheat rolls or bread.
© 2016 by Tom King

No comments:

Post a Comment