|Vege-Chicken Salad on my favorite Oatnut Bread|
I have a recipe for vege-chicken salad that even carnivores will love. - SK
- 1 box of chick nuggets from Morning Star.
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sweet relish
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp celery seed
- Boil two eggs. Cool them down, peel and grate and set aside.
- Finely chop up vege-chicken nuggets. It must be the Morning Star kind of nuggets and it must say "nuggets" not patties on the box. These should stay frozen until ready to use then you can thaw in the M/W just long enough to thaw but still be a little cold. I like to use a food processor to grind them up but if you don't have a processor you can use a plain grater.
- Add grated egg to nuggets and mix up.
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup Mayo and 1/2 to 1 cup Miracle Whip and mix well.
- Chop into small pieces 1/2 onion, 1/2 bell pepper. and I/2 cup celery. Add them to the mixture.
- Add 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp celery seed. Stir into mixture.
- Add 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish and mix everything well.
You are all done! Serve as sandwich spread or as a dip for Christmas with Ritz type crackers. I never add any extra salt but you may want to use garlic SALT or table salt. I promise it's so tasty too!
Sheila King © 2015
Note from Tom:
This vege-chicken salad is one of our family's favorite picnic treats. It's easy to transport in a big Tupperware container and make sandwiches out of when you get there. Everybody who's ever tasted it raves about the stuff.
It's also a quite forgiving recipe. Even I can make it. You can vary the amounts of ingredients to taste. If you take out the celery, just add more celery seed. If you take out the onions, just add some onion powder. If you don't like bell pepper, well you're just a Philistine is all. - Tom