Search Me

Friday, March 2, 2018

Barbecue Wham



Thought I'd do another Wham recipe this week. A very versatile stuff is Wham! It's easy to make up for barbecue. Here's how!

Ingredients:
  • Thawed roll of Wham sliced and cut up into thin strips or shredded
  • Chopped onions chopped fine
  • 8 minced garlic cloves
  • 2 bottles KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce
  • 1 small bottle of ketchup
  • 2-3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Directions:
  1. Mix onions and garlic
  2. Mix barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup
  3. Mix wham, onion/garlic mixture, and barbecue sauce/ketchup mixture
  4. Place in crockpot and cook on high for 2 or 3 hours stirring occasionally
Serving Suggestion:

This makes a large amount of barbecue suitable for a potluck.  Serve on buns with fries or chips. Makes a great easy sandwich for a bunch of hungry young people.

Tom


8 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! How much onion do you recommend? 1 large? More?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Add onions in quantities sufficient to make you happy. Basically, to suit yourself. It's whatever you want. You are the chef.

      Delete
  2. I usually use Jackfruit for BBQ, but this sounds so good, I'm going to make this tomorrow! I like your recipes! --from an old Keene, Texan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are certainly Texan recipes. I cant yet my hubby to eat fruits or veges except a sweet potato now and then.

      Delete
  3. What is your preferred thawing method? and how long does it take? (i have the large log and it doesn't have any instructions on it)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just move it to the fridge from the freezer and it thaws in a day or so. You can also nuke it with the thaw setting in the fridge. I go by the weight setting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow a recipe for meatballs using grape jelly and bar-b-q sauce. I might try it on this just for fun.

    ReplyDelete