Search Me

Friday, April 20, 2018

Creole Seasoned Vegeburger Mac and Cheese Casserole


This one is very like the Vege-Cheeseburger Macaroni Casserole in my last blog. It's just a little simpler and maybe a little quicker. Here's how it works.

Ingredients: 
  • Morningstar Griller Recipe Crumbles (1/3 bag)
  • 1/2 onion chopped
  • 1/2 bell pepper
  • Olive oil
  • Jar of spaghetti sauce
  • 1/4 cup grated cheese
  • 6 sliced olives 
  • 2 boxes macaroni and cheese
  • 1 tbsp Tony's Creole Seasoning
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  2. Cook the macaroni by package directions.
  3. In a large pot, lightly cover the bottom with olive oil.
  4. Saute onions and peppers with Griller Crumbles.
  5. Add spaghetti sauce and prepared mac and cheese.
  6. Stir in Creole seasoning
  7. Warm the mixture then pour into large loaf pan
  8. Sprinkle grated cheese over top.
  9. Spread sliced olives over the cheese
  10. Bake 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and begins to brown.
Serving Suggestions:

Bake on Friday. Simply reheat for Sabbath Potluck.

© 2018 by Tom King
  1.  

1 comment:

  1. I came across your blog looking for an oatmeal pattie recipe and stopped to read here and there. I'm SDA, too! You know, I used to eat the Adventist vegetarian way, and I thought truly that I was eating healthy. But in my late 20s I developed high cholesterol, heart palpitations, and even sleep apnea! It was scary! After watching Forks over Knives and diving into Ellen White's message on diet and foods I made a complete flip and became vegan (plant-based) almost overnight. In the process I lost 65 lbs, stopped having heart palpitations and even the sleep apnea went away! AND my cholesterol went form OVER 200 to 153 (just got it checked again last month). It's been about 4 years since we decided to follow Ellen White's God-given message (truly, it is the Bible's message first when we look at God's original diet in Genesis!) and it has completely CHANGED my life. The message isn't given to deprive us of fun but to give us a better life!

    When I try to go to potlucks now these are the kinds of foods I see... every week, not just once a month. And these are the kinds of foods folks are eating at home, too. And we, as a people, are suffering for it, don't you think? Oh that folks would rise up and go back to reformed way and share the message of health! We would see such a difference and feel such a difference!

    ReplyDelete