|Once again it's so good we ate half of it before I thought,|
"Hey, I need to write this one up for TPV!" The recipe makes
better than twice that much Cole slaw.
This my Sweet Baboo's favorite Cole slaw recipe from our box o' old recipes under the kitchen cabinet. It's easy to make and it's a huge bowl of Cole slaw when you're done - perfect for potluck. It's not that hard to do.
- 2 pkgs. Chicken flavor Ramen Noodles
- 1 bag Cole Slaw mix
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup oil
- Seasoning packets from Ramen noodles
- Crush the Ramen Noodles in a large bowl. Store in a Ziplock bag.
- Put Cole Slaw mix in a large bowl or Tupperware container.
- In small frying pan melt butter and brown the slivered almonds.
- Mix almonds into slaw and noodle mix.
- In a small bowl, Mix sugar, vinegar, oil, and Ramen noodle seasoning packets
- Pour dressing over slaw mix and toss till everything is evenly coated. Keep the crushed Ramen noodles separate and don't add them until just before you serve it up.
Put the Cole slaw in a big Tupperware bowl, seal and store in the fridge overnight so it's nice and cold for potluck on Sabbath. Just before you serve it, pour the Ramen noodles into the slaw and give it a good toss.