Search Me

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Vege-Burger Lasagna

 


 There's always a lasagna or two at any Adventist potluck. The folk who bring them usually take home empty dishes they are that popular. You can take a shortcut and buy one of those frozen vegetable lasagna's, but this is a lot better and a lot more fun. Here's my favorite lasagna recipe.

Ingredients:

  • Can of Loma Linda Vege-Burger.
  • Onion - diced
  • Green Pepper - diced
  • Mushrooms - sliced
  • Cottage cheese
  • Pasta sauce
  • Lasagna noodles
  • Olive oil
  • Mozarella or Provolone cheese (or both)
  • Sliced olives
Directions:
Step 1:  Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Cook the lasagna noodles according to directions on the box. You can buy noodles that don't have to be cooked before you put them in the casserole dish and they work quite as well and can save you time if you're in a hurry. Drain the noodles if you cooked them.

Step 2:  In a skillet, saute the onions, green peppers, mushrooms and vegeburger in a little olive oil. Set aside in a bowl.

Step 3:  In a casserole dish lay down a layer of noodles.


Step 4: Then add a layer of the sauteed veggies and burger mix,

Step 5:  Then add layer of spaghetti sauce.

Step 6:  Next add a layer of cottage cheese

Step 7:  Now add a layer of cheese.








Step 8:  You're halfway there. Now once more layer noodles, then burger and veggies, then spaghetti sauce, then cottage cheese and finally another layer of mozarella. Depending on how deep your casserole is, you might want to add another layer.


Step 9:  Top with sliced olives and pot into the oven












 

Step 10:  Bake the lasagna until it looks something like the one at the top of the page.

Man, that makes me hungry for another lasagna!  Lasagna is wonderful stuff and always welcome at any pot luck. What's even better is that it's almost impossible to mess up. The seasoning is all in the sauce, so you don't have to worry about over-salting or leaving out some seasoning or other. Just don't forget to put the sauce in like I did once and I had to take the lasagna apart and put the sauce in before I could bake it.

Even then, it was delicious and nobody knew I'd messed it up..................except for you guys now and I'm sure you won't tell that story. My kids would never let me live it down.

Bon appetit',

Tom King
© 2015

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. Yet another thing we exx-pat Texans have in common. I'm a simi-vegetarian (if you, like me, cound fish and chicken as honorary vegetables). In my case, the deciding factor was a cholesterol test. The nurse gave me the printed results and was kind enough to attach a list of local funeral homes. I decided to make a change.

    I'll try this.

    ReplyDelete