This one's quick. You can make your own Alfredo Sauce. It's not very difficult. If you're in a hurry, Paul Newman's Alfredo Sauce works great. You can stir it all up ahead of time on Friday and the flavors will be thoroughly infused throughout the dish by potluck on Sabbath.
- Bag of Rotini (I like the whole wheat kind)
- Jar of Alfredo sauce.
- Morningstar Farms Vege-chicken Strips
- Olive oil
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- Chopped Bell pepper
- In a large skillet, saute' onions and Bell pepper and vege-chicken strips in olive oil, till the vegetables are caramelized and the strips begin to brown.
- Pour in Alfredo sauce and heat until it starts to bubble.
- Pour Rotini into a casserole then pour the sauce over the pasta and stir it up.
Cover and refrigerate overnight or eat it hot right out of the pan. If you premake it to carry to potluck, simply reheat it in the church warming oven or heat in the oven (better) or in the microwave to 170 degrees internal temperature.
© 2017 by Tom King